Verifying your package directly with our supplier's reservation system. Depending on the supplier, it can take up to a minute.
The package you requested has been sold out and is no longer available.
This page will now reload.
Call Gala Travels
The package you requested has been sold out and is no longer available.
Terms and Conditions
1. Please double check that all information is correct and that all passenger names are spelled correctly as displayed on the passenger(s) travel documentation (i.e. Passport). Any changes after your reservation has been processed will result in change fees.
2. It is the purchaser's responsibility to ensure that the proper travel documentation and identification (i.e. Passports, Visas, IDs) is had by ALL passengers to gain entry into the chosen destination and entry into Canada upon return.
3. Schedules are not guaranteed and as such flight/package schedule changes may occur as per the travel supplier (Tour Operator/Airline) rules and regulations.
4. Flight/package prices are subject to change after a reservation is made. The travel supplier (Tour Operator/Airline) may choose to change the price of your flight/package after your reservation is made. No adjustment will be made on your reservation to match any new pricing (i.e. If the price decreases, your reservation cannot be adjusted to match the decreased price).
5. All reservations are not guaranteed until ticketed or until your confirmation email booking status says CONFIRMED or OK.
6. This booking is under strict cancellation and change penalties and as such may be 100% non-refundable and/or non-changeable. If travel insurance has not been purchased, it is highly recommended for your protection.
7. Any changes necessary after your booking has been processed will result in additional charges as permitted by the Supplier.
8. Passengers must check in at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time. Proper travel documents will be required for check in purposes. Passengers arriving less then 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure will be denied boarding.
9. Credit card charges for your travel services purchased here will be processed by the travel supplier (Tour Operator or Airline). If travel insurance has been purchased it will be charged by the insurance provider. For car rentals, your credit card number will be required to guarantee the reservation and the charge will be made to your credit card by the rental company when you pick up your car.
10. The Credit Card Holder MUST be one of the Traveling Passengers. The travel supplier (Airline/Tour Operator) will require this credit card to be presented at the time you pick up your tickets at their counter. If the credit card is not presented, you may be required to purchase a new ticket.
11. It is the purchaser's responsibility to read and accept the full website Terms and Conditions as well as the travel supplier Sunwing Vacations rules and restrictions.
Melia Las Dunas
Guests will be able to truly enjoy themselves when they stay at the Melia Las Dunas Resort in the Cayo Santa Maria area of Cuba. Guests will have access to no less than thirteen restaurants that they can dine in at. For guests bringing kids with them, the children will get access to their very own pool, while the adults watch the kids or swim in their pool. Guests who want to indulge in a drink will want to enjoy themselves at one of the 8 on-site bars. When it comes down to the guestrooms, guests will have beautiful views from the terrace that adjoins their room.
✓ Jardín del Rey Lobby Bar (Drinks, Music, 24-hours)
✓ La Gruta Poolside Bar (Drinks, Swim-up Bar)
✓ La Laguna Poolside Bar (Drinks, Swim-up Bar)
✓ Los Agaves (À la carte - Mexican)
✓ Los Caribes (À la carte - Seafood)
✓ Mi Conuco (Pizzeria - Italian)
✓ Remedios (Buffet - Cuban)
✓ San Salvador (Snack Bar - International)
✓ Sports Bar (Drinks)
Melia Las Dunas Things to do
✓ Air-conditioned fitness facilities
✓ Beach volleyball
✓ Bicycle rental
✓ Daily Activities
✓ Deep sea fishing
✓ Games room
✓ Motor boating
✓ Nightly Entertainment
✓ Offsite tours
✓ Pedal boat
✓ Ping pong
✓ Row boating
✓ Scooter/Moped Rental
✓ Scuba diving
✓ Spa services
✓ Steam room
Melia Las Dunas Spa
✓ Manicure treatments
✓ Massage therapy
✓ Pedicure treatments
Melia Las Dunas Reviews
1 (terrible) to 10 (outstanding):
Shore- 10 as a whole hotel experience- 8 suite- 9 main foyer- 9 cuisine as a whole- 6. 5 cafeteria restaurant- 5 al a carte restaurants- 7 front desk bar- 8 (other bars- 6) as a whole service- 7 (gualberto at outdoor/shore lunch restaurant- 12! )
Lobby- 7 amusement- 9 activities- 8 pools- 9 climate- 9 (hot & humid)
We had an amazing time
I really loved this hotel in comparison to other 4 and 5 star resorts we stayed in Cuba before
Pleasant pools for the adults and kids, many recliners
Great variety of cuisine and restaurants
The evening shows were fun
Shore was great. Climate was excellent
A great value holiday
Pleasant shore, okay suites, courteous personnel.
Suites: a little bit old, towels and flat sheets were faded. Inquired repeatedly to change flat sheets however they were never exchanged. Incorrect suite was provided to us on arrival too, and originally had declined to change it unless we paid an additional charge.
Cuisine: the great: brunch cafeteria, lunch sandwich station, romantico specialty, the beverages. The terrible: supper cafeteria, steak grill restaurant specialty.
Shore: awesome. No criticisms.
Fantastic hotel! Highly recommended!
My man and I visited Melia Las Dunas in March and we really liked it! It is a beautiful hotel. The main foyer is wonderful with waterfountains, plants and flowers. We were astonished. The oceanfront is heaven, golden sand and clean water. Could not request a better shore. The meals were alright, the speciality restaurants were superior to the cafeterias. The suites are pleasant and spotless. The party scene at the hotel is excellent, performances, band, and dance club. All I can say truly is that you won't be frustrated! Sincerely! I do not have any criticisms.
First time to Cuba
We were worried, careful, anxious about going to Cuba, however. It was the greatest experience. We really liked the hotel, the personnel, the oceanfront is stellar, beer was so delicious, meals were very great (not quite what we are accustomed to, however completely okay). So unwinding, it was just what we needed, a pristine 1 week get-away. A lot of fun Memories. We would return in a second.
This site is awesome lots to see and do. The meals were excellent and
Suites are spotless. The shorelines are really wonderful quite neat and Long for walking. The party scene was great many performances. The beverages were great too. Many spots to sit and have your beverages and enjoy the climate
I have just return today 14th November 2011 and I would endorse this hotel to anybody. The personnel are very courteous and helpful, everything is spotless, the meals are pleasant, not over the top however pleasant in the cafeteria and a selection of specialty restaurants to pick from too. I'd go back ina heartbeat. :)
We visited the resort from 31 of September to October 5, 2009. First impressions were awesome. Our suites were spotless and roomy and the beds large and very pleasant. The meals were great. Both near the ocean and by the swimming pool we never found it an issue getting loungers with shade. Both the shore and the swimming pool were charming. 2 days were jellyfish in the sea. All the personnel were really courteous and supportive and we never felt bullied to leave gratuities to get great service! I would endorse this resort if you are interested in a unwinding pool/shore
The greatest in Cuba
This hotel was awesome. Excellent service. Excellent cuisine for Cuba standards. Spotless suites. Courteous personnel. I am returning to this hotel again. And again. And again. Shorelines are astonishing. Pools are soooo spotless and properly maintained. You won't be let down.
Amazing hotel. Really professional, courteus, and really courteous personnel. Excellent cuisine, exellent presentation. Amazing shore. Excellent pools with swimup bars. Excellent activies at pool excellent nightly shows. Awesome front desk bar. 24 hour cuisine and drink. Spotless suites. Resort landscaping really well cared for. We couldn't find any down sides in this hotel. We had a beautiful holiday and will come back to this hotel in a heartbeat. We absolutely recommend this hotel to anybody looking for an impeccable, fun filled holiday for all.